Telafrica – Fibre Unit is an emerging new Civils and Telecommunications Construction and Company that
intends to fully take advantage of the infrastructure boom that currently exists in the local economy. We are
committed to increased service delivery and playing a pivotal role in the Accelerated Shared Growth
Initiative of South Africa (ASGISA) policy framework.
It is notable that the current spending in the following sectors:
_ Local government
_ National government
_ Private and Public Partnerships
_ It is at levels never seen before in the history of our country.
Hence forth we see economic benefit in being an integral part of this economic revolution.INNOVATION
We believe there are more cost effective ways of servicing our clients as well as delivering a final product to them.
We therefore always look for ways to improve our implementation of Civils and Specialized Services to
adapt and to an ever changing environment.
We are specialist within our industry and identify the solutions to an issue as we deliver our professional
service and specialized workmanship.
Moreover, some of our Clients and Suppliers have certainly the most extensive testing facilities in the
world and we therefore work with them to develop some of our ideas. With all these capable facilities and
support available, nothing may be regarded as being “good enough”.OUR OBJECTIVES
Civil Works is becoming a central focus for the Telecommunications environment.
Telafrica- primary objectives are as follows:
• To train personnel to the highest competent level to install, blow, splice, test, repair and recondition equipment
• To ensure all personnel deal with clients on a fair and equitable manner
• To ensure the availability of personnel to service clients as soon as it humanly possible.
• To ensure all personnel enjoy equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, creed or sex.
• To ensure personnel are remunerated fairly.
• To supply a cost effective service based on volume and low mark-up.
• We therefore do not aim necessarily to be the cheapest in price, but to be the best in our field
• To build reputation and market share by establishing our business offering as a viable alternative to other existing
service providers in the area.
• To pursue an aggressive marketing campaign and from that, penetrate at least 65% of the market share.
• To be the top rated construction and telecommunication company in Mpumalanga, surrounding provinces and
central Africa.OUR COMMITMENT AND STRENGTHS
Telafrica is committed to be the solution for your business – whether they are underground, outdoors, offshore ,on
board, in the kitchen, around the planet, or off the road – Virtually worldwide by ourselves or through our
• We do not practice lip service: we are committed to customer service.
• We will ensure that we commit to the budget and plans as per our suppliers specs that we are always on time ahead
• We work closely with our Consultants and tap into their expertise to ensure timeous delivery of projects.
• We believe and execute all projects with strict quality control measures to ensure there are no set backs.
STABILITY AND BLACK EMPOWERMENT
• Telafrica was established in 2016 with the owners being in the industry for several years.
• Having been in the industry, specializing in various aspects of the business, especially those which have been
mentioned, the owners will ensure the stability in the company which can already be seen in the upward mobility of
• telafrica is a South African based company, whose mission is to provide reliable, timely and safe services.
• telafrica directors have 10 years’ experience in telecommunications i.e. OSP/ISP and new generation network
• Most importantly however, is the success of the relationship we have with our clients. We endeavour to provide an
expert and professional level of service, building relationships and friendships.
• We are committed to creating spaces that are functional and practical, yet aesthetically pleasing at any level of
budget constraint.HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The following Health and Safety measures will be adhered to:
• Eliminate the hazard
• Substitute with less hazardous means: substance.
• Engineer out all the hazards
• Supply every employee with sufficient health and safety equipment free of charge.
• Health and safety Training will be provided to all employees at regular intervals.
• Implement a Risk assessment Management Strategy to identify and control risks to health and safety in a particular
• Maintain a program of occupational hygiene measurement and corrective actions to identify areas of exposure and then
to reduce such exposure to , as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
• Run a medical surveillance program with the assistance of our own OHS Practitioner.
• Support and encourage all employees to withdraw from any work place, which is dangerous to their health and safety.
• Adhere to sound Safety Management and Risk Control principles.
• Render all assistance to the Department of Labour with regard to accidents and reportable incidents.
• To ensure efficient application of these control measures.PROJECT HEALTH AND SAFETY
• The Principal Contractor is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all
personnel, contractors and visitors on site
• We will strive to continually improve the effectiveness of the health and safety system
through the setting and measurement of health and safety objectives and by conforming to
current applicable occupational health and safety legislation.
• All employees working on this project are important.
• As an employer, we undertake to provide a safe working environment and appropriate tools.
• All employees undertake to act and work in a safe manner at all times.
• As an individual, everyone has the right and obligation to stop and correct an unsafe act or situation.Professional Workmanship
telafrica offers quality professional workmanship providing substructure for electrical power, telephone, streetlights, parking lot lighting,
traffic signals, fibre-optics; telecommunications and cable TV throughout South Africa.
Our professionals are ready to work with you to review your plans and onsite visits, that we may offer a fair, competitive and realistic cost
for our services.
We also provide dry utility coordination services; backed by experience and expertise saving valuable time and resources to advance your
Our approach to bidding insures that we've included what it takes for a complete and successful project.
telafrica has specialty equipment, big and small, to provide quality and timely excavation for the installation of conduits, pole bases, aerial
Installations and erection of poles, luminaires, pull boxes, electrical conductors, terminations, service pedestals, controller cabinets, splicing, and manholes.